Sunday 26 December 2010

New Year, New Projects.. Time for an introduction!

Hey there, internet land. I thought it was about time I jumped onto the blogging bandwagon, so here I am.

It's been a bit of a bumpy wagon ride so far though; I almost fell off at the first hurdle. What should I blog about? All the advice on the internet out there seems to say that you need a shtick, a hook; something specific to blog about that makes you stand out and be cool. So you can think of a punchy and clever title that links to your shtick, and helps people find you.

Well I don't have one. There is no one thing I am better known for than anything else. No one thing that occupies me and consumes my hours enough that I could fill a blog with it and nothing more, and make it exciting. I am the opposite. I have far too many hobbies. I don't have the time to devote proper attention to most of them. I tend to focus on one for a little while, then get bored of it and move on to the next. Eventually I cycle back to the first one, and pick up where I left off.

This works well, when the hobby can be easily picked up and put back down, say crochet, drawing, painting, photography. Not quite so helpful when it is something like playing the piano, which requires an awful lot of dedication and practice to maintain standards. Nevertheless, I persevere with them all, despairing constantly at my lack of time and lack of progress, but always enjoying myself along the way.

Hopefully, writing this blog will help keep me on track and keep me focused, as we head into 2011. Come with me, as I try to become the ultimate jack of all trades, the master of a thousand things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...