Wednesday 13 April 2011

WIP Wednesday - April 13

Another week, another WIP Wednesday round up! As usual, most of my crocheting energy from the weekend went on small, quick to finish projects like the bee and not on my ongoing WIPs! So I’m not sure how much progress there is to share. Lets take it one WIP at a time, and see how we go.
Rectangular Granny
I talked about this a fair bit at the weekend, so don’t have more to add today. I haven’t woven in my ends yet. But here’s another gratuitous project photo:
Crochet Socks
Well, these have been on the back burner for a while now. I’ve finally got around to taking a more up to date photograph:
I’ve been waiting for my new stitch markers to arrive – I won four more sets on eBay, so I can now carry on with this one. I think this will be my go-to portable project for the foreseeable future.
Aurora Vest Cardigan
Has been shamefully ignored. I guess I’ve not been in a small square motif sort of place. Although, of all my WIPs, this is the one my work colleagues are most excited about, having seen the photos so far. Maybe I’ll pick this one up again this week.
Afternoon Tea Fingerless Gloves 2
Are still awaiting buttons. After the success of doing the buttons on the first pair at role-play night, I may take these along this evening and get them finished. Then they can go on the blocking board when I come home, and hopefully be finished to share on Friday.
Wand’ring Lonely
I’ve been doing the odd row here and there, but it hasn’t really developed much so far. I’ve hit the base of the daffodils in the middle now, so it needs a touch more concentration to work on. Another good portable project though. Might take this one next time I go to knitting group.
Levelling up gloves
These haven’t changed. Ends still not woven in. I haven’t made a thumb. All this nice sunny weather hasn’t encouraged me to work on my really warm woollen mittens!
Round Baby Blanket
Chugging along nicely. I have discovered that its intended recipient is a boy, but that’s ok, because the blanket is fairly neutral in both style and colour. I also have less time than I thought (I must have miscounted the months) as it’s a July due date. Never mind, it will still be finished well before it’s needed.
And just for fun, introducing two new projects to my WIP Wednesday roundup:
Ye Liveliest Awfulness
I blogged about this project yesterday, so can’t really say I’ve added much to it since then!
Aaargh! Snake!
An amigurumi coral snake, which has been sat in my project queue on Ravelry since Jamie saw it back in October and said “That’s awesome, you should make that”. I’m using yarn left over from the Granny Rectangle. So far, it looks like this:
I’m not using safety eyes because I don’t have any, so I will have to fudge them when the time comes. I think this snake is going to live wrapped around my dragon tree, George, as the living room is rapidly filling up with amigurumi and I need to expand my horizons a bit.

Don't forget, this post is part of WIP Wednesday, so head over to Tami's blog to see what else people are up to this week!

19 comments:

  1. You've got some lovely projects on the go - I really like the socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought my list of WIPs was out of control *chuckles* I really love the baby blanket and yea, I think it's pretty neutral :) Love the projects (the snake is adorable!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. round baby blanket is gorgeous - the colour is gorgeous. you have a massive list of WIP's, so cool xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. xxxmckingbirdxx13 April 2011 at 14:27

    I really love the baby blanket it's really pretty XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a real case of startitis! Although, a few of these are almost completed, so hopefully the list will be shorter next week...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a good job I've got lots of babies to crochet for at the moment - I was given ten balls of that yellow for Christmas and while perfect for babies, the yellow isn't really great for anything else I want to make! It's a weird yarn - rather squeaky acrylic to work with, but the fabric is really soft.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to keep telling myself it's a good job I don't have babies of my own yet, otherwise I'd have a hard time giving away all my baby gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paula@KnitandSeek13 April 2011 at 15:24

    Wow, that's quite a list! Add me to the number of folks who are anxious to see your vest finish. I'm predicting utter gorgeousness and want to see if I'm right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your socks! The colours of your snake are perfect.
    It seems you have : so many projects, so little time... it's the story of my life as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Ye liveliest awfulness" may very well be my favorite project name EVER. Good luck with that and all the other fun things you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooo a coral snake sounds very interesting :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely stuff! I adore the Wandr'ing Lovely! That yellow is like spring embodied.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you always have a lot going on. Your granny square blanket is amazing, and I love the baby blanket and coral snake too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Littlegreensteps1313 April 2011 at 18:00

    Wow..you have loads!! And there all lush :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ambassador Crochet13 April 2011 at 20:22

    Love the rectangular granny. Someday I'll make one. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with tons of WIP all at the same time. Can't wait to see your finished snake!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the afghan! Can't wait to see your coral snake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, you have so many great projects going on. I love your diversity with crochet. The snake is going to look awesome around the tree! You can always just use buttons for eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, coral snake! That's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have quite an array of projects going. I'm interested to see how your crochet socks turn out.


    http//www.knittingkitties.blogspot.com because disqus hates me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...