Wednesday 10 August 2011

WIP Wednesday Yarn Along

So, even less progress to report than last week! However, I am going to turn this to my advantage by joining in on another Wednesday link party - the Yarn Along hosted by Ginny over at Small Things.


All my current WIPs in a pile (bar one, actually, that I forgot about, but there's so little to see on that one it's not really worth sharing yet!).

In the project bag are the Easy Lace Stole (untouched for several weeks), the Jane Austen Shawl (worked on a little bit, maybe half a row since I last mentioned it?) and my daffodil filet panel (untouched for maybe a month or more). This bag lives beside my sofa, so I can dip in and out of it whenever I am watching TV. They are all fairly easy and mindless projects, although the filet panel has reached the point where I need to pay more attention than before.

Piled up at the back are the yarn cakes and motifs for my reverse engineered poncho. I took this to the wedding with me at the weekend, and had a mini Stitch 'n' Bitch with another friend who had brought her knitting too. I've done 12 motifs now, out of 120, so it is progressing, just slowly. In front of that is the Victorian Scarf, which is slowly winging its way towards done. It requires more concentration than the rest, but it's only an 8 row pattern repeat and it is very easy to get the hang of, so it's not a slow knit. This has been living loose on the coffee table next to the sofa, but I've just relocated these two projects into another project bag; I don't want to start losing my motifs as I finish them!

And the WIP that has absorbed all of my attention this week - A Dance With Dragons, book five of the Song of Ice and Fire series by George R. R. Martin. After a six year wait, the book was finally released in July, but I've been re-reading my way through the first four to get myself in the mood for it, and caught up on the incredibly complex plots and the vast array of characters.

I started reading the new one on Sunday afternoon, and I am now about three quarters of the way through. I just can't put it down! I read on the train to and from work, an hour at lunchtime and a couple of hours each evening. I think I might finish it tonight, or tomorrow.

I have to say, I have not been disappointed by it so far, and I know it's going to end at a point that will make me desperate for book six to be released. Although, I have no idea when that will be. As long as we don't have to wait six more years I will be happy!

So head on over to Tami's to see more knitterly progress, and why not pop over to Ginny's to have a gander at what other folks are knitting and reading this week.

1 comment:

  1. It's good to take a break once in awhile to renew that vigor for knitting.  I'm totally lagging on finishing up Chloe E.  All I have to do is get embroidery thread which I may have in one of my teacher bins or just go out and buy some...sigh.  I usually lag at the very end of a project.
    My husband read all of those books on his phone and Kindle.  He's a big fan as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...