Tuesday 8 November 2011

Progress update - Rosie's Rosie

Ravelry tells me I started working on this project on September 30th. I have mentioned it on the blog before, just the once, a few days later.

Rosie Rabbit
Copyright Paola Navarro
At that stage, I had just done the basic head shape, and was very excited by the pattern and the clever shaping Paola uses. Unfortunately, I then fell foul of having too many WIPs on the go, and since I didn't have to get it done till Christmas, I sort of left this one off to one side for most of October.

Over the last couple of days I've picked it back up, though, and have now made pretty good progress. The head, eyes, ears and body are all done. All I've got left are the legs, arms, tail and hat, and then I can sew it all together! I am very pleased with my colour choices; the grey really works for the fur and I struck lucky with my two shades of pink for the clothes.



Working DK yarn with a 2.5mm hook creates a really dense, stiff fabric, which is great for the shaping and the overall durability of the finished item, but it doesn't half play hell with your hands! My fingers are aching by the time I'm done working on it for the day!

10 comments:

  1. I hate putting all the pieces together!  That's the worst part of amis!

    Yours is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking great so far. And I agree with you, that colour of grey is perfect for the fur

    ReplyDelete
  3. bits and bobs ( karen )9 November 2011 at 12:16

    wow !! its going to be great !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always feel like I've really accomplished something when I pick up something that's been put aside for a while. Well done! 

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm having the same problem with crochet. It's by far my favourite craft, but it makes my hands ache :( Luckily I quite like knitting too, so I alternate them. The rabbit is looking great :) 

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find that using a comfort hook for toys and amigurumi helps a lot :).  Your progress is very cute so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rosie Posie is very cute.  I'm enjoying our WWF game!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this stage of animal projects!  It all starts coming together but you're not to the sewing part yet (you know that part that really isn't that bad but that I dread every single time!).  Can't wait to see your finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's going to be very cute when finished. 

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...