Tuesday 19 June 2012

Butterfly buttons


As I was away at a LRP event this past weekend, I missed out on posting on Sunday. We are so close to finishing this first year of projects and I am starting to realise I won't finish everything in time. Eleonora is going well, but still has a lot of work required before it's finished. As I am away this weekend coming and have visitors the following weekend, I don't think I've got the time to dedicate to it. So I'm deciding not to worry about it, and just finish it when it wants to be finished.

Equally, the Cherry Wrap is still sitting in my knitting basket in pieces, waiting to be blocked and seamed. I need to tidy and clean the house before I do that, so perhaps in the week after I've had my visitors the house will be in a suitable state to spread my blocking everywhere!


I can show you this though. I finished the cardigan for our niece Rosie's Christening gift, but had no buttons that were suitable. A quick trip into town yesterday ended in me picking up these gorgeous blue butterfly buttons, which I think go perfectly with the yarn.

Full photos to follow next weekend, once the Christening is over and she's been given her present.

5 comments:

  1. The Butterflies are perfect!  Glad you found them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're adorable :) I'm sure she'll be happy to have them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good choice of buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The buttons are perfect and gorgeous :)

    I think you have the right idea not pressuring yourself to finish - things seem to get finished when they're ready (at least in my house they do!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...