Sunday 24 June 2012

Year of Projects update - 24th June

Next week is the final Sunday of the Year of Projects. In a way, I shall be sad when it is over, but I am already looking forward to Year Two!

As next week's post will be saved for a run down of everything I made this year, I thought I'd use today's post to talk about my plans for next year.


I have been thinking about this for some time, and have created a new list and a new page for Year two, which you can find here. I've dug out all of the lovely yarn in my stash that I'd like to use in the next year, and started pairing it to patterns. So far, nine pattern/yarn combinations have been decided on, and I have ten yarns left to assign patterns to. I'm not going to rush into that, as I'm sure I will change my mind multiple times before I cast on! There is also one pattern I would love to knit that I don't have the yarn in my stash for, so I will need to make at least one yarn purchase this year.

In addition to the projects on the list, I will be working on my long term projects: sofa bed afghan, poncho resurrection, the daffodil filet crochet which is currently in hibernation, and the work I started last year when watching Game of Thrones first season, designing and crocheting a blanket based on the books. (I did just hunt back through the blog to find the last time I posted about it, but it's been so long I cant find it!).


In other news, I've hit another couple of awesome blogging milestones... this is my 300th post, and just recently I skipped past 30,000 page views. Both of these are pretty amazing, although the spike in views is entirely down to my crocheted uterus pattern, which is still driving most of the traffic to the site!

I will be organising some sort of giveaway in the next couple of weeks as a thank you to all my lovely readers, when I eventually get some time to myself again!

5 comments:

  1. Your list is inspiring and your wools are beautiful.  You are truly ambitious and I will enjoy watching your progress this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee! Peerie Flooers! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving your poncho.  

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking about next year two, sorta have a list in my head, but you're really on the ball with yours in writing already.  Well done.  Love the new banner, which reminds me several of them were cool and I need to go look and see which one I want to use this time round.  Those were on RAV, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so gung-ho about YOP :O). Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...