Tuesday 21 August 2012

The joys of blogging

Every now and again, I am reminded of what a fabulous community we have here in the crafting blogosphere. You are all such a lovely bunch of people and I'm so glad I've had the opportunity to get to know you all through the blogs we write.

Things like this...


...which I was awarded last week by Kepanie, and awarded again on Saturday by Emma over at Knit One, Stitch One, Save One?. Thank you for your lovely comments too!

The way we reach out to help each other is also great, whether it's more trivial "I'm stuck with this pattern" sort of help, or the kind, supportive comments we leave on posts which are about more difficult issues. There is something very sincere about it all, which is just wonderful.

My most recent experience of how fabulous this community can be comes from Kate over at Good Purl Gone Bad. Kate is one of the bloggers in the Year of Projects, and as part of that has crocheted a couple of amazing Babette blankets:

Photo copyright Kate Aston

When posting about her most recent one, she threw in a sentence at the end wondering what to do with all her leftovers, and would anyone fancy doing a swap for them. I immediately sent her a message to say "me! me! I'll take your leftovers" and over the last week we have been discussing exactly which yarn she wants in exchange.

The parcels winged their way through the postal system and I am now the happy owner of this gorgeous pile of cotton scraps:


I have diligently weighed them all and added them to my stash on Ravelry. In exchange for this fantastic rainbow of cotton, I sent Kate this gorgeous skein of Lornas Laces Shepherd Sock:


I can't wait to see what she does with it!


Don't forget, my giveaway is still open! Please go and check it out if you haven't already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...