Thursday 15 November 2012

Show of Hands



Last week I was idly flicking through the blogs I read in my Google Reader when I spotted a post on Knitspiring Odyssey showing off one of the two prizes on offer in the latest Project: Stash Knit-A-Long. Now, I read along with interest when Evelyn hosted her Miranda Hat KAL, but had too many other things on the go at the time to get involved. This time, however, I already had a project in mind that would fit in perfectly.

Show of Hands KAL is all about fingerless mitts. So what better excuse than to get out my Candy Skein remnants and get knitting on my Kool Hands gloves.


I've finished the first mitt already and I am so pleased with it. My calculations to get the stitch pattern from the Koolhaas hat onto the back of the mitt worked perfectly, and it used up so little yarn! I will have spare left over once I have finished the second mitt, which I shall squirrel away in case the hat or gloves ever need repairs.

I've got till November 30th to finish the second mitt and be in with a chance of winning either of the fabulous prizes; I've got the weekend to myself this weekend so it might get finished then.

Check out Evelyn's Ravelry Group to get involved!

1 comment:

  1. Mahalo for mentioning us, Tink! <3 your first mitt. It's terrific in Candy Skein.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...