Sunday 30 December 2012

Year of Projects Update 30th December


It's the last YoP Update for 2012! We are officially half way through our second year. I'm quite excited today, as I've taken advantage of all this free time I've had over Christmas to whizz through my outstanding projects, and have managed to get two of my long standing WiPs off the needles. Now I have three YoP Projects waiting for blocking!


The one that's been in the pile for a while is the Cwtch Shawl. I cast this one off at the end of October.


I'm a little concerned my bind off is too tight, which is one of the reasons I haven't blocked it yet.


Next up is Eleonora. This shrug was carried forward form my first YoP list. It's been sat neglected for months because I got fed up halfway through picking up all the stitches for the border. During the weekend before Christmas I finally decided to get on with it, and whizzed through the border really quickly. It's a little tight-fitting at the moment, particularly on my upper arms, so I'm hoping it will stretch out a touch when I block it.



Finally, Peerie Flooers is off the needles. I haven't woven in all my ends yet as you can see! It's quite snug on my head at the moment, I'm hoping after a soak it will relax and fit a little more comfortably. Otherwise, I shall have to find someone with a smaller head than me, that I like enough to give them this labour of love!

Now my 3mm needles are free, I can get started on the Ishbel beret from this year's list. Although I can't decide right now if I want to cast on something new, or continue my drive to clear out the rest of my WiPs and finish Momijigari...

12 comments:

  1. Wow - great progress!!!!! Unfortunately I don't think that my head is smaller - DARN! :) I can't believe we are 6 months through already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have been busy! Peerie flooers is amazing! Try blocking it round a balloon to make it stretch a little to fit? And Eleonora is so lovely, I'm jelous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote to finish the WIPs but that's me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marie/Underground Crafter30 December 2012 at 16:30

    The hat is really striking - I love the colors! And I am really looking forward to seeing the shrug unfolded.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you're so good, Tink! I can't wait to see your shawl and shrug in their full glory.
    Oh boy am I feeling guilty now 'cuz the snood is still on the backburner with just a little left to do. I better get up on it today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on getting long standing WIP's finished..and they are lovely. Hopefully the tight bindoff and hat will work out..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you on buckling down to finish Eleonara. Looks great.

    From what I can see in your photo, it DOES look like the bind-off on your Cwtch Shawl is a bit tight. It's too lovely not to fix :)


    And my two cents would be that Peerie Flooers will block a bit bigger. Otherwise I'm told my head is kinda small :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome Blossom! You have been busy....congrats. It's not easy to pick up projects that you've put down with all their exciting newness worn off. Yours are all gorgeous though! I love the hat..Peerie Flooers? Is that Fair Isle knitting? It looks like ti's over my skill level and all those color changes???? OMG! But it is absolutely divine! Enjoy your New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Half way through, YIKES, I need to shift gears. Everything looks awesome. Won't the blocking help your cast off, even if it is a bit tight? http://4ccccs.blogspot.com/2012/12/box-of-crayons-heading-to-rochester-not.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. really beautiful work! I'm especially partial to peerie flooers; hope it fits you after blocking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely! All of them! I am pretty sure my head is smaller than yours..(wink, wink!) Such pretty colors in all of them and your color work hat looks top notch. Happy New Year--and how in the world are we 1/2 way through already???

    ReplyDelete
  12. That hat is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...