Tuesday 23 April 2013

Wedding preparations...

I really hoped that once we were moved and settled in, I would get back into my regular routine and start crafting and blogging regularly again. I had every intention of joining in with Eskimimi's Knitting and Crochet blog week this week as well. Unfortunately, life has continued to get in the way.


Daylight hours in the evening have been stolen by the cat, who demands to be let outside but as we've not been here long enough yet he isn't allowed out without supervision. There's not much you can do when you're stuck wandering round the lawn holding the end of the lead!

The wedding is also sucking up a lot of my time at the moment. Two and a half weeks to go, and I've been busy sorting out the table decorations.


I found these fabulous feather butterflies on eBay ages ago, and stockpiled some for use in my table centrepieces. They are attached to thin wire, which I have wound around the stems of the gerberas (also from eBay!). It only took me an hour or so to prepare, but it looks really good! Can't wait to see them in place on the tables.



I've also glued a few to our table plan board. I've had quite a bit of fun putting that together. I designed and printed out all of the table cards and laminated them (I have to get my own laminator, it's so cool!). They are attached to the board using invisible photo corners. The plan is, once the wedding is over, we can replace the laminated cards with photographs taken from the day, and put the board up on the wall somewhere in the house.

There really isn't much left to do now. We still have to go buy some alcohol for the reception, and we haven't decided what we're going to do about a guest book yet. I've been browsing Pinterest but there are so many ideas! I'm sure we'll settle on something soon.

I am also sure that once the wedding is over, and we've been on our fabulous honeymoon, I will get back into the swing of things with the rest of my crafting and normal service will resume! 


2 comments:

  1. How exciting and oh boy, down to the wire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazel Mc Taggart29 April 2013 at 20:06

    Sounds like you have been really busy!! Although at least I know what to do with Jess when we move house, as that is something I have worried about.
    I hope you have a great wedding, I am sure it will be beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...