Thursday 25 July 2013

Pick-a-Boo KAL update


So many people have already finished their first Boo Knits shawl in this KAL; many of them have started a second as well! I however am not that quick a knitter, especially when I've been distracted by kit making and other knitting projects over the last couple of weeks.


I've knit the easy bit of my Dragonfly Wings, and have now reached the point where I have to cast on extra stitches at the start of each row. I have to admit, the instructions in the pattern had me slightly flummoxed. Luckily, I'm knitting this alongside a great many other people, some of whom fell into the same confusion over the instructions. There was already a thread in the Crafts from the Cwtch group on Ravelry asking exactly the question I wanted an answer to. I asked for more clarification, got an answer back from the designer the same evening (as she is taking an active part in the group during this KAL, which is fantastic), and have been able to motor on with the next section.

I think you can just about see the sparkle
in the yarn in this picture

For me, this was a great demonstration of what is so fabulous about joining in a KAL/CAL. Even if the designer herself hadn't been around to help me out, I am certain someone else who had already got past that section of the pattern would have been along to give me some advice.

I'm hopeful that now I have got over my "I don't know what the pattern is telling me to do next" wobble, the rest of this shawl will fly off my needles and be done by the end of the KAL at the end of August.

5 comments:

  1. Dragonfly Wings is looking great and am sure you only had a wobble and will fly to the end now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think you'll fly now. I found all that casting on a bit tiresome, but now that I'm past it, it feels liek it's almost done. Can certainly see the sparkle and I'll look forward to the FO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm at the same spot as you! I'll have to look at that thread to try and get over my confusion :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have mine done yet either--it that makes you feel any better. ;) I decided to make mine a bit larger which means another 22 row lace repeat--what was I thinking??? I adore your purple yarn and your stitch marker! Carry on-the end project will be so worth it. Bev (Boo Knits) answered one of my early questions regarding yarn and I so appreciate her active participation in our group!
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very neat yarn. Cute stitch marker. That's great the designer is on the ball about answering questions. I've PM'ed a few and never hear back from them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...