Tuesday 10 September 2013

Radio silence

Well, seems I've not been around here in a while! I've been quite busy since I last posted, mostly because of LARP.

I'm afraid I didn't get any decent pictures of my new kit from the event; I have this knack of avoiding all the cameras it seems! The only picture that has appeared so far is this one:

Copyright Steve "Flasher" Mitchell
It was taken during the battle on the last day of the event. The High King of our faction and his sister had just been killed, and I spent the rest of the battle crying over their bodies and not doing anything useful at all. In fact, the event as a whole was so emotionally draining (I don't think I've ever cried so much in such a short period of time!) that it took me almost a week to get over it!

While I managed to avoid most of the cameras, I'm fairly sure I was caught on video a few times through the course of the event. A film crew (Slender Pictures) was there getting material for another promotional video, and I was interviewed by them as part of that filming. When the videos are released, I will be sure to share them with you!

Of course, I came back from the event full of enthusiasm for LARP, even though the season is now over. Lots of ideas for new kit, and other things to make! Unfortunately for you, and this blog, most of that creative energy has been poured into the writing of an IC journal for my character, spanning the last four years of game play. It's up to 25,000 words already, and I still have most of the last event to write up. Once that's done, I'll turn my writing energy back to this blog. I may even have some knitterly progress to share for this week's Year of Projects update!

2 comments:

  1. You are such a nerd :) Not that I have any room to talk...but my days are spent watching Pixar movies with Little Man (his new favorite is Monsters Inc.). Also, I knit. Once in awhile, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gravy, it's almost like stepping into a fantasy land. This shot in time looks so authentic.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...