Tuesday 1 October 2013

Stash enhancement

I am normally very good at not buying yarn unless I really need it for a project. There are, however, a few exceptions to this general rule, where I find a yarn I simply cannot help but purchase. Even then, in the back of my mind I do ask myself what I am going to make with it once it is mine. Of course, there are never enough hours in the day, so a lot of those impulse purchases are still sitting in my stash waiting for their chance to jump on my needles.

There is one yarn, though, that I ignore all of the above for, and that is Wollmeise. Ever since I got my hands on my first skein and knit Hypernova, I've wanted to buy all of the skeins and save them up for a rainy day.


What this leads to is my idly searching on eBay every now and again to see what is out there. I struck gold the other week, as there was one seller having a destash and she had loads of different colours on offer, at fairly reasonable prices. There were maybe four different skeins I was interested in, and some furious last-minute bidding wars left me in the position of having won two of them. They are both Twin 80/20, in the most fabulous colours:

Mauseballet WD

Saami

I think I am going to knit socks with Saami, but Mauseballet is destined to be a shawl or scarf. But for now, they will sit quietly on my shelf and patiently wait their turn. I might get around to knitting them at some point in the next year!

4 comments:

  1. I know nothing about yarn or knitting, but those are beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm....Wollmeise......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I will have to try this Woomeise. I forgot about your Hypernova and seeing it above...damn, those end points rock! Made me think of How to Tame Your Dragon with Toothless got a new wing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything about Wollmeise is amazing. The colours, the stitch definition... and it really holds its shape once blocked, those ends are just as pointy now as they were the day I took it off the blocking board!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...