Friday 29 November 2013

Frogged Friday

Frogged Friday doesn't quite have the same ring to it as FO Friday, but sad to say, one of my older projects finally found its way into the frog pond yesterday.

Remember this? No, me neither.
Back in February 2012 (as part of the first Year of Projects), I crocheted this cowl out of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. I was still learning a lot about crochet and knitting back then, and still laboured under the illusion that you could crochet anything just as well as you could knit it, and that crocheting clothing out of heavy weight yarn was a good idea.

It goes to show how successful this project was, that I found it languishing at the bottom of my WIP basket, almost two years after completing it. It has never been worn. I've never once found myself thinking "this is the perfect outfit to wear that chunky grey crochet cowl that strangles me with".

So into the frog pond it went.


I now have a big fat squidgy hank of yarn, just crying out to be turned into a far more wearable hat and gloves set, or something equally delightful. I love this yarn too much to have it sat in a box and never be worn. Suggestions on a postcard for suitable patterns please (aran weight, I have 500 yards)!

2 comments:

  1. I made a Greyson Sweater out of it...it worked out pretty well :) But it was for Little Man...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...I really liked that project, ya gotta do what you must.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...