Sunday 22 December 2013

Year of Projects 3: 22nd December update


So here we are, just a few days before Christmas, and a week away from the halfway point of our challenge! This year seems to be flying by, and after several months of not actually finishing anything, I've had a lot of FOs to share over the last couple of weeks. I shared pics of my finished Wingspan on Friday, which leaves only one more FO to share before I've completely caught up. I'm particularly pleased with this one.


It's my finished Dragonfly Wings shawl, which I started back in June as part of Craft from the Cwtch's Summer KAL. It came off the needles in September, but only found its way onto the blocking boards in recent weeks.


The yarn is A Stash Addict Dark Arts Sparkle in the colourway Night Caller. It has a wonderful subtle sparkle thanks to the metallic thread running through the skein, and I just loved the colour combination of purple and grey-ish black. It really does remind me of a dragonfly's wings.


It only used up 60 grams of the skein as well, so I still have 40g left to knit something else! Not sure what yet, but I will try and think of something suitably matchy-matchy for the shawl.

5 comments:

  1. That is looking quite lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Minding My Own Stitches22 December 2013 at 17:05

    Very beautiful shawl. Maybe you could pair the remaining yarn with a complementary solid colour to make some coordinating fingerless gloves?

    You can find me at: http://mindingmyownstitches.blogspot.ca/2013/12/year-of-projects-2-mince-pie-mayhem-01.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty....and lovely color...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute shawl! It's a very wide design, it seems, is that practical when wearing it?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...