Wednesday 5 February 2014

WIP Wednesday: Cables in the Fog


When I finished my $5 in San Fransisco jumper, I had a fair amount of yarn left over. Twice as much of the bright blue as the dark, I decided there would be enough to make a pair of fingerless gloves of some kind. I had originally settled on this pair, which I had the pattern for in the Interweave Knits 2009 Accessories magazine (I originally downloaded the magazine for $0.10 because it has the pattern for Koolhaas in it). However, when I actually went to read the pattern, and saw that it was worked flat and then seamed, my heart sank a little. I couldn't be bothered to sit down and re-write the pattern to work in the round. Another pattern was required.

I can't remember exactly what it was that jogged my memory, but I recalled Sarah over at Crafts from the Cwtch sharing a free pattern ages ago for a very similar pair of armwarmers. Pattern chosen, I split my yarn into two even balls and cast on.


At first I thought I only had enough yarn to do the shorter version, but it turns out my maths was completely out, and I actually had enough to do almost the full length version (I managed 8.5 cable repeats in total, instead of 9). I love them already, and I am looking forward to having a little part of my honeymoon to wear all through the autumn/winter/spring, as I can't wear my jumper all of the time!

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Matchey mitts for your sweater :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...